School Uniform & equipment
All pupils are required to attend school appropriately dressed. The Governors of Outwoods Primary School working in conjunction with the schools in the CCLT have adopted the following ‘preferred dress’ School Uniform guidelines which children should follow. They mirror the code they will follow at secondary school.
The school uniform is available from School Wear UK and My Uniform in Burton. You can access special offers and order online by clicking on their website links -
- Plain navy blue sweater, sweatshirt or fleece or one purchased from the school suppliers displaying the school badge
- White shirt, polo style t-shirt or white blouse
- Sensible all black/navy shoes (not trainers)
- Grey trousers or skirt (girls may opt to wear trousers).
- Grey, black, navy or white socks.
- Black, navy or flesh coloured tights may be worn as an option to socks.
- Members of the school choir may opt to wear the school tie which will be available at cost from the school office.
- Tailored dark grey knee length shorts are an option to trousers or summer dresses in the summer months.
- Sensible all dark coloured or all navy sandals for the summer which hold the foot securely in the front and back (not jelly type shoes).
- Sun hat
(Not required at all by Nursery or until the summer by Foundation pupils)
- Plain white t-shirt (not coloured, no printed motifs, pictures or logos)
- Pumps, black or white (not trainers)
- White/navy shorts
- White ankle socks
(Not required until entering Year 1)
- Plain navy or white games shirt/top (no t-shirts with logos other than the schools’ or coloured t-shirts other than navy. Replica football and rugby club kits are not permitted except on non-uniform days)
- White/navy shorts
- White/navy socks
- A navy or black hoody/jumper and navy or black joggers/leggings (Jeans are not suitable as they do not keep the warmth in)
- All kit must be named
- We ask that kits are washed regularly
- Long hair must be tied back for safety reasons by both boys and girls.
- Earrings should not be worn to school on days when your child has PE, unless they are capable of removing and replacing them by themselves.