Freedom of Information Requests
The Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations and INSPIRE Regulations give you rights to access official information. This does not grant you access to your own data/information. This must be accessed via a Subject Access Request (see below).
Under the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations, you have a right to request any recorded information held by CCLT. For more information regarding the Freedom of Information, please visit the ICO’s website and our own policies page.
Before you request information you should:
- Search our website for the information
- Check other websites/ sources where we or the Department of Education publish more information such as, https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk or https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics
- Check our list of previous FOI requests to see if the information is there
When sending us a request you should:
- Be specific about the information you want, providing a time frame if you can
- Let us know how you’d like to receive the information (by post, email, or in person)
- Provide contact details in case we need to discuss the request with you
If your request if for information that falls within one of the Act’s exemptions, we will tell you which one and in most cases why the information can’t be given.
Subject Access Requests
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants you the ‘right to access’ otherwise known as a ‘Subject Access Request’. This allows you or an individual acting on your behalf to request information we hold about you. More information can be found on the ICO’s website.
Making your request
When sending a request we ask you to complete this form. This will allow us to verify your identify and will assist us in locating any information you require.
If you have decided to make a Subject Access Request of Freedom of Information Request, please submit your request including any documentation and/or proformas to:
Outwoods Primary School
Burton on Trent